Welcome back to school! I am looking forward to working with the students, meeting families, and having a very productive, fun, and successful year. My name is Pamela Helgerson. I will be teaching 3rd through 5th Grade E.L.A. and social studies. Click on the red headings above to direct you to the desired page for important class information.
***If you wish to order books from Scholastic you may at www.scholastic.com Our class code is GLDF4. Ordering will give us points that will allow our class to get items to use in our classroom. Thank you for your order. I expect the children to read for 30 minutes or more daily. They should also have a book that they can read in the classroom. I do give them specific times for reading a book of their choice.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact me at:
*Please make sure that you have your supplies labeled with your name on them with a permanent marker before you bring them to school. I am posting student school supplies below. You can find a link to a downloadable/printable page under the red Links/Resources heading above.
3rd, 4th, & 5th Grade
Children of Peace School Supply List (UPDATED 06/20/2023)
Please write student name (or initials) with permanent marker on everything before student comes to school.
● 3 durable folders (replace as needed)
● 1 package of wide rule paper (replenish as needed and have some for home)
● 3 composition notebooks
● 4 packages of 3x5 lined index cards (replenish as needed)
● blue/black erasable pens (replenish as needed)
● red pens (replenish as needed)
● pencils (traditional or mechanical) (replenish as needed)
● LARGE ZIPPERED PENCIL CASE- no boxes
● crayons, colored pencils, and markers
● 2 glue sticks
● 1 pair of student sized scissors
● 1 hand held pencil sharpeners with covers
● basic calculator
● 1 ruler
● 1 dictionary
● 1 Bible (if you don't have one already purchased from the school)
● 1 1 inch binder for ELA papers
● 5 white poster boards for Science projects
●Personal water bottle (with screw off top) filled with water from home which can be refilled at the school water fountain. No drinking directly from the water fountain.
●Personal face masks- Each student has the choice to wear a face mask and should have a few spare face masks in case something happens to one of the masks. (Mask gets dirty from sneezing, falls on the floor, etc)
ITEMS TO BE GIVEN TO THE HOMEROOM TEACHER
● 1 box gallon slider close bags
● 1 box quart slider close bags
● 3 rolls of paper towels
● headphones to be kept at school (with student name on it in a labeled baggie)
● 2 pack box of instant ice packs
● box of plain Band-Aids (NO LATEX)
● 1 large bottle of hand sanitizer
● 3 boxes of Kleenex (pop up box style so students don’t need to reach inside box).